Quick Tips On How To Format An MLA Term Paper Properly
It’s that time again – teachers are making assignments for term papers. Where do you go for information and quick tips to format your paper properly with the MLA style? There are lots of sites online but you may have to sift through a lot of information to find what you’re looking for. This short guide you’re reading will give you the most important strategies and techniques in an easy to follow, step by step format.
MLA stands for modern language association. This style is the most common style for writing papers and citing sources, especially in the humanities and liberal arts. You can go out and purchase an expensive all-inclusive guide or you can follow the most important tips as given below.
- This style allows the writer to show accountability for all the sources they use and cite within their term paper. At the same time, it protects the writer from being accused of plagiarism because when following its rules, the writer properly gives credit for each source used.
- The term paper must be printed on white computer paper in the common 8.5 x 11 inch size.
- Text should be double spaced, and use a font such as Times New Roman. The italics should contrast recognizable from the regular text. Use a 12 point font size.
- Only leave one space after punctuation marks unless your teacher specifies otherwise.
- The margins for your document should be set at 1 inch for all sides.
- Paragraphs should be indented on the first line to one half inch over from the outermost left margin setting. It’s recommended to use the Tab key rather than counting 5 pushes of the space bar.
- A header is an important part of each page, and should include the page number in the top right hand corner. The numeral should be flush with the right hand margin and be one half inch from the top. If your instructor requests you to omit the number on page one, follow their guidelines.
- The header should include your last name and your teacher may want additional information included there as well. Always follow their instructions first, and then add in as many MLA style details as possible after that.
- Section headings improve the readability of your paper, and depending on its length may be required or expected.
Use Tips That Will Work
Not all of us so creative to generate ideas on different topics and write great papers every night. Still, there are some classic methods to make a solid, well-written paper.
Some students may think that their work is finished as soon as they write the paper. Still, a lot of work must be done before handing it in.
Edit and proofread your research paper before submission. Check for typos, word usage, grammar and punctuation. Your content should be polished and easy to read.
Phone: +1 654 234 8900
Term Paper Editors
1993 College Heights Blvd.
Bowling Grey, KY 42303
TermPaperEditors.com. Term and Research Paper Guides To Apply.